how to reinstall windows hello

Dean Kinblom 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T22:27:03.84+00:00

how do you reinstall hello window biometrics to my computer

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lester Bernard Reyes 86,175 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-08T23:12:06.2233333+00:00

    Hi, I'm Bernard. I'm happy to help!

    May I know what happened with Windows Hello? Are you seeing any error when trying to use it, or would you like to remove an existing Windows Hello sign-in? I'd appreciate it if you could share more details about the issue so I can provide you with the appropriate steps to resolve it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. AI answer

    2026-10-08T22:27:17.71+00:00

    Windows Hello is built into Windows, so there is no separate download or reinstall package.

    To restore it:

    1. Open Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    2. If Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, or PIN is listed, remove the nonworking sign-in method and set it up again.
    3. If fingerprint is missing or not working:
      • Open Device Manager.
      • Expand Biometric devices.
      • Right-click the fingerprint sensor and select Uninstall device.
      • Restart the PC so Windows can reinstall the driver.
    4. If PIN is not working, reset it from Sign-in options by removing it and adding it again, or use I forgot my PIN if shown.
    5. If biometric sign-in still does not work, check that the device is fully updated:
      • On Surface devices, open the Surface app > Help & support and use Check for updates.
      • Install available updates from Windows Update.

    If Windows Hello has disappeared entirely, check whether the PC is signed in with the expected account under Settings > Accounts, then return to Sign-in options and set up a new PIN or biometric method.

    Warning: removing PIN or biometric enrollment deletes the current Windows Hello setup and requires setting it up again afterward.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.