How to make cross tenant users to access Azure Virtual Desktop

Santosh Hegde 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T18:10:41.5933333+00:00

I have multiple tenants and I have AVD configured in one of the tenants and I want the other tenant users to access AVD. B2B access are given and cross tenant users are showing as member in my Source tenant. But when the cross tenant user login to Windows app it shows there is no resource or app found. I have assigned Desktop Virtualization user and Virtual Machine user login role to the cross tenant user.

Azure Virtual Desktop
Azure Virtual Desktop

A Microsoft desktop and app virtualization service that runs on Azure. Previously known as Windows Virtual Desktop.

0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Div Basson 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T22:00:20.3733333+00:00

B2B users showing as Members and having RBAC roles doesn't automatically make AVD resources visible. Check that the users are assigned to the Desktop Application Group (DAG), that the DAG is linked to a workspace, and that SSO is enabled. Also, are your session hosts Entra joined or hybrid joined? Cross-tenant AVD access requires Entra-joined hosts. Try signing into Windows App under the AVD resource tenant's organization rather than the user's home tenant.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Santosh Hegde 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-09T15:16:07.76+00:00

    I found the solution. While signing into Windows App we need to select sign-in option and select sign in to an Organisation and need to enter domain in the format "youravdtenant.onmicrosoft.com" and then login using home tenant credentials. Thanks for the help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.