Confirming business identity to meet advertising transparency and compliance standards
Microsoft Advertising Account Suspended – AIV Failed Due to Locked Incorrect Legal Business Name – Appeal Disabled – Support Cannot Correct
I need assistance escalating a Microsoft Advertising account suspension that I can no longer resolve through the normal support or appeal process.
Microsoft Advertising account: G1****AT Manager account: K1*****2 Existing Support Request: 7109785750
I own a legitimate garage door service business operating under the trade name Inside Track Garage Doors. The legal entity is Sutton Enterprises GD LLC.
The problem began with Advertiser Identity Verification (AIV).
Microsoft Advertising prepopulated Inside Track Garage Doors as the legal business name, apparently from our Google business information. Inside Track Garage Doors is our DBA/customer-facing business name. Our actual legal entity is Sutton Enterprises GD LLC, and our federal EIN is correctly registered to Sutton Enterprises GD LLC.
The legal business name field in Microsoft Advertising is locked, so I cannot correct it.
I contacted Microsoft Advertising Support and went through this issue with a representative. The representative reviewed the situation and agreed that the legal-name mismatch was a problem, but was unable to change the locked information.
I have now exhausted all AIV verification attempts.
The account has also been suspended. When I sign in, Microsoft displays:
“Your Microsoft Advertising account is suspended.”
It states that content in the manager account is in violation of Microsoft Advertising policies.
The same page shows:
Advertiser identity verification (AIV) status: Failed
“You have exhausted all AIV retries. Please contact support to apply again for verification.”
The “Complete fraud appeal form” button is disabled, and I cannot access the advertising account to inspect or modify anything.
I did create one search campaign, but it was paused and never ran. I now cannot access that campaign to determine whether Microsoft has identified something in it as a policy issue or to correct it if there is an issue.
Microsoft Advertising Support subsequently reviewed the account under Support Request 7109785750 and sent me the following explanation:
“During this review, we identified advertising content that does not comply with Microsoft Advertising policies.”
Microsoft also stated that the account was assessed as posing a potential risk to other advertisers or customers, but said that for privacy and security reasons it could not provide specific details.
This leaves me with no actionable way to correct the problem.
I cannot:
- Correct the legal business name because Microsoft has locked the field.
- Complete AIV because all attempts have been exhausted.
- Submit another appeal because the appeal button is disabled.
- Access the campaign to inspect or correct any allegedly noncompliant advertising content.
- Determine whether the suspension is actually related to the AIV/legal-name mismatch or to a separate advertising-policy issue because Support will not identify the affected content or policy category.
I am not attempting to circumvent Microsoft's verification or advertising policies, and I do not want to create another account to bypass the suspension.
I am asking Microsoft to escalate this to the appropriate Account Integrity / Advertiser Identity Verification / Engineering team for manual review.
Specifically, I need assistance with:
1. Correcting the locked legal business name from “Inside Track Garage Doors” to “Sutton Enterprises GD LLC.”
2. Allowing me to complete AIV using the correct legal entity information and supporting government documentation.
3. Determining whether the account suspension resulted from the AIV mismatch or from a separate advertising-policy violation.
4. If there is a separate advertising violation, identifying at least the policy category and affected asset so that I have an opportunity to correct it.
5. Restoring access to the account or otherwise providing a legitimate remediation path.
I can provide privately whatever documentation Microsoft requires, including EIN documentation, LLC registration, DBA documentation, business licenses, address documentation, and domain/business ownership information, pictures, bills, etc.
I have already attempted to resolve this through Microsoft Advertising Support twice. At this point Support has confirmed the problem but has not been able to correct the locked information, and the account interface gives me no remaining action I can take.
Could a Microsoft Advertising moderator please escalate this for manual review by the team that has authority to correct the advertiser identity record and review the suspension?
Thank you for your help,
** PII Removed **
Justin