Azure Managed Redis: Deployment Failure of Balanced_B3 SKU in North Europe — Subscription Restriction

Péter Budai 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T15:16:47.3633333+00:00

Problem description

I am unable to deploy an Azure Managed Redis resource with SKU Balanced_B3 in North Europe for production use. The deployment fails during preflight validation with an error indicating that this SKU is not supported for my subscription in that region. The error message suggests contacting support if access is needed, but I have not received any confirmation that access has been granted or that the restriction has been lifted. More specifically, support is an AI bot and all it did is just summarize my issue and send me here.

Environment

Service: Azure Managed Redis; Resource type: redisEnterprise; Region: North Europe; Requested SKU: Balanced_B3; Intended use: production deployment; Requirement: high availability.

What I've already tried

I attempted to deploy in North Europe using the specified SKU. The deployment was rejected during preflight validation with a BadRequest error, stating the SKU is not supported for my subscription in that region. I reviewed the error details and confirmed that the issue is related to subscription-region restrictions. I have not tried changing regions or SKUs, as these are not options for my scenario. The error message specifically says that I need to contact support to request access to this SKU in this region. We have successfully deployed this SKU in at least one other region.

Current status

I am seeking assistance to understand whether this is a subscription-level restriction in North Europe for the Balanced_B3 SKU and how to request access or resolve this limitation. I would appreciate guidance on the next steps to enable deployment in my region with the desired configuration.

Azure Cache for Redis
Azure Cache for Redis

An Azure service that provides access to a secure, dedicated Redis cache, managed by Microsoft.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Rukshan edirisinghe 1,320 Reputation points
    2026-10-09T03:05:55.7733333+00:00

    Hi @Péter Budai

    Sorry the bot sent you in a circle. A "not supported for this subscription in this region" error is an access restriction, and lifting it is treated as a quota request. Quota changes come under subscription management, which Azure supports for free, so you don't need a paid plan to get a real ticket in front of someone.

    1. In the portal, open Help + support and choose Create a support request. If the AI assistant takes over, look for the option to switch to the classic experience.
    2. Set Issue type to Service and subscription limits (quotas), pick your subscription, and set Quota type to Other Requests.
    3. In the description, write something like: "Request access to Azure Managed Redis (redisEnterprise) SKU Balanced_B3 in North Europe for production, high availability required". Add the full preflight error text.
    4. Submit, and keep an eye on the email tied to your account for their reply.

    Has this subscription deployed any other Azure Managed Redis SKU in North Europe before, or is this the first one?

    If this resolved your issue, please consider accepting it as the answer. If the request gets declined, let me know and I'll be happy to keep helping.

    Reference:

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.