An Azure managed PostgreSQL database service for app development and deployment.
Azure Database for PostgreSQL: Creation Failures in East US 2 Region — Capacity Restrictions
Problem description
I am unable to create new Azure Database for PostgreSQL flexible servers in the East US 2 region since October 6, 2026. Despite a similar server successfully created on September 28, 2026, and SKU listings indicating availability, all my attempts since October 6 have failed with the error: 'SkuNotAvailable: Specified SKU is not supported in this region. Please choose a different SKU.' I want to understand why this is happening despite the apparent support for the SKU and region.
Environment
Service: Azure Database for PostgreSQL flexible server; Region: East US 2; Deployment path: Azure portal; Tested compute SKUs: B1ms, B2s; Storage sizes: 32 GiB, 128 GiB; Zone: no zone specified, Zone 2, Zone 1, Zone 3.
What I've already tried
I have attempted multiple new server creations in East US 2 through the Azure portal, varying the compute SKUs (B1ms, B2s), storage sizes, and availability zones. I compared these attempts with earlier successful deployments and used SKU discovery tools, which indicated support for the SKUs in East US 2. I also verified the registration status of the resource provider (Microsoft.DBforPostgreSQL). However, all my recent attempts continue to fail with the same SkuNotAvailable error.
Current status
Currently, all creation attempts for Burstable SKUs in East US 2 are failing with the 'SkuNotAvailable' error, despite SKU support listings suggesting availability. I am seeking assistance to understand whether this is due to temporary capacity restrictions, subscription-specific region restrictions, or other underlying issues, and to find a resolution or workaround.