Azure Database for PostgreSQL Flexible Server: Region access — Issue with East US region restrictions

Morgan-4512 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T10:57:29.9833333+00:00

Problem description

I'm trying to create a new Azure Database for PostgreSQL Flexible Server in the East US region using Azure CLI, but I encounter the error: "Provisioning is restricted in this region. Please choose a different region." I need to deploy in East US because my existing resources are already in that region, but the deployment is failing due to this region access restriction.

Environment

Service: Azure Database for PostgreSQL Flexible Server; Region: East US; Deployment method: Azure CLI; PostgreSQL version: 16; Tier: Burstable; High availability: No zone-redundant HA; Planned capacity: 4 vCores total.

What I've already tried

I attempted to create the PostgreSQL Flexible Server through Azure CLI in East US, but it failed with a region restriction error. I have not tried any other troubleshooting steps or alternative deployment methods.

Current status

Currently, I am awaiting confirmation that the East US region access for Azure Database for PostgreSQL Flexible Server has been enabled on my subscription. I want to know if the region access restriction can be lifted, and if so, I need guidance on the next steps to successfully deploy in East US.

Azure Database for PostgreSQL
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Senthil kumar 2,585 Reputation points
    2026-10-08T11:21:51.08+00:00

    Hi @Morgan-4512

    To unlock the region for your subscription, you must submit a Service and Subscription Limits (Quota) support ticket via the Azure Portal. These requests are free and do not require a paid support plan.

    1. Log in to the Azure Portal.
    2. Navigate to Help + Support -> Create a support request.
    3. Fill out the ticket with the following parameters:
      • Issue type: Service and subscription limits (quotas)
      • Quota type: Azure Database for PostgreSQL Flexible Server
      • Request Type: Region access
      • Region to unlock: East US (or East US 2)

    Check Available SKUs via Azure CLI

    az postgres flexible-server list-skus --location eastus

    Confirm Resource Provider Registration

    az provider register --namespace Microsoft.DBforPostgreSQL

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.