Remove Desktop item from Task Bar

Gummy Mortiboys 40 Reputation points
2026-10-08T06:31:38.4833333+00:00

Hi Folks,

want to remove the display adder/changer from the task bar. I have found how to do this once, but I have forgotten how I did it and I can no longer find the option.

Can you help, please.

Robin

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Desktop, Start, and personalization | Task Bar
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author

AI answer

2026-10-08T06:31:51.5866667+00:00

In Windows 11, the old Desktop toolbar from Windows 10 does not exist in the same way and custom taskbar toolbars were removed.

If the goal is to remove the Show desktop area on the far right of the taskbar:

  1. Right-click the taskbar.
  2. Select Taskbar settings.
  3. Expand Taskbar behaviors.
  4. Turn off Select the far corner of the taskbar to show the desktop.

If the item meant is the Task view button:

  1. Right-click the taskbar.
  2. Select Taskbar settings.
  3. Under Taskbar items, turn Task view to Off.

AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
Answer accepted by question author
Ruwim.B 6,995 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2026-10-08T06:50:40.01+00:00

Right-click on the Taskbar and select the "Taskbar settings". Set the option "Task view" to OFF.

User's image

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Gummy Mortiboys 40 Reputation points
    2026-10-08T06:40:26.92+00:00

    Thanks for the answers but it is just one specific icon I want to remove , it is the one to select a second display immediately to the right of the search panel. I have added/removed icons the way you suggest but I can't see the one that I want to remove.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.