Try these steps in order on Windows 10:
- Sign in with a Microsoft account, not a local account.
- Microsoft Store may not be available correctly if the device is using a local account.
- Reset the Microsoft Store cache.
- Press Windows key + R.
- Type wsreset.exe and select OK.
- A blank Command Prompt window opens, then closes after about 10 seconds, and Microsoft Store opens automatically.
- Restart the PC.
- If Windows was recently updated, a restart may be required before Microsoft Store apps can install.
- Update Microsoft Store.
- Open Microsoft Store.
- Select See more > Downloads and updates > Get updates.
- Repair or reset the affected apps.
- Reset not only Microsoft Store, but also the Xbox-related app involved.
- In Settings > Apps > Installed Apps, open the app’s advanced settings and use Reset.
- Sync the system clock.
- Go to Settings > Time & Language > Date & Time.
- Turn on Set time automatically.
- Select Sync now.
- Clear stored Xbox credentials.
- Open Credential Manager.
- Select Windows Credentials.
- Under Generic Credentials, remove entries that start with or contain Xbl.
- Restart the PC and try signing in again.
- Reinstall the app from Microsoft Store library if needed.
- In Microsoft Store, select See more > My Library.
- Select the app and then Install.
- Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.
If the Store opens but install buttons are missing or apps still do not appear, possible causes include:
- the app is not available in the current country or region
- family settings are hiding the app
- the app is no longer available
- the app is not compatible with the device
- the PC is not authorized for Microsoft Store apps
References:
- I can't find or install an app from Microsoft Store | Microsoft Support
- [Windows 10](https://support.microsoft.com/accounts-billing/fix-problems-with-apps-from-microsoft-store)
- xbox app, xbox installer and microsoft store dont work - Microsoft Q&A I tried to open the xbox store and it never opened, unistelled it again and the store soesnt work either (tried the repair method and didnt work either), I have tried all and nothing works, the app cant be downloaded from the store because all the download buttons are blank
- Every time I try to sign in to the Xbox app, this error shows. - Microsoft Q&A Like I said in the title the I am unable to sign into the Xbox app or the Microsoft Store, due to the error message below. I have restarted the Microsoft store. I also can't sign into settings. Edit: I can't do what the AI said, get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers, this is the error message, remove-AppxPackage : Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) At line:1 char:45 ... t-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Remove-AppxPackage], UnauthorizedAccessException FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.UnauthorizedAccessException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.Remove AppxPackageCommand
- Can't sign into Xbox App with any accounts - Microsoft Q&A Hi there, As the title says I can't sign into the Xbox app with any accounts. It lets me sign into the Microsoft store, and use my Microsoft account in other places, but the Xbox account gives me an error every time. Attached below is a screenshot of the error I receive every time I try to log in. Any guidance and help would be appreciated. I've tried resetting the app and other online fixes but it still doesn't work. ##Accepted Answers: Hi @ Rahul Malhi , Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum. Thank you for reaching out regarding the sign-in issue you're experiencing with the Xbox app. The error code 0x80004005 typically points to a synchronization or credential conflict between your Windows account and the Xbox Live servers. Please try the following three troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue: 1/ Synchronize your system clock Xbox Live requires your system time to be perfectly synced for security "handshakes." If your clock is off by even a few seconds, the login will fail. Go to Settings > Time & Language > Date & Time. Ensure Set time automatically is toggled On. Click the Sync now button under "Additional settings" to force a refresh. 2/ Repair and reset the Xbox app This will clear the app's cache without deleting your games. Go to Settings > Apps > Installed Apps. Find the Xbox app, click the three dots (...), and select Advanced options. Scroll down and click Repair. If that doesn't work, click Reset. Repeat these same steps for the Microsoft Store app and Gaming Services. 3/ Clear stored Xbox credentials Windows may be holding onto a corrupted login "token." Clearing this forces the app to request a fresh login. Open the Start Menu, type Credential Manager, and open it. Select Windows Credentials. Scroll down to the Generic Credentials section. Look for any entries starting with or | (e.g., Xbl|DeviceKey). Click on them and select Remove. Restart your computer and try to sign in to the Xbox app again. I hope one of these steps gets you back into your games. If the error persists after trying these, please let me know.