Windows 11 pro Activation

hajar kiwan 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T20:51:27.1+00:00

Hello,

I am asking if it is ok/allowed by Microsoft to use windows without activation, as we clearly have this option. I know that the license term requires to purchase a product key and so on, and that the inactivated version has some limitations, however I am ok with that.

Also, if I am going to purchase a product key, how to assure it is a genuine one? I see it is sold by Microsoft for 7,000+ EGP, while some stores sell it for less that 200 EGP. How I get a version with a reasonable price, as the MENA region is flooded with pirated versions even when I left a store to activate it and it took money from me.

Thanks,

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Licensing and activation
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Neil D 34,430 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-08T15:51:56.9433333+00:00

    To add to the previous post.

    For activation you need to buy a licence. The licence may use a product key (packaged products) or from Microsoft be digital only. (your account acts as the product key for activation)

    If you are looking a buying a reduced price licence or websites are offering a product key for sale the chances are they will not be valid, or supported by Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. EmilyS726 271.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-07T21:29:02.7+00:00

    Microsoft allows you to install Windows without entering a product key, but that does not mean Microsoft grants you a free license to use Windows indefinitely. The installation may continue working with limited features, but Microsoft's licensing terms still require a valid license.

    Regarding the product keys selling for 200 EGP versus Microsoft's price of over 7,000 EGP, I would be very cautious. These inexpensive keys may be unauthorized volume license keys, previously used keys, or keys obtained through questionable channels. Even if a key successfully activates Windows, that does not necessarily mean you have a legitimate license. Microsoft can also block improperly obtained keys later. Many volume license keys do lose activations if the original "organization" account is no longer maintained with Microsoft.

    The only guaranteed way for a genuine license is by purchasing from Microsoft. Microsoft doesn't guarantee legitimacy and cannot be held responsible for any key purchased via a third party.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.