Microsoft Outlook email - unwanted resume of email

Maz Jones 20 Reputation points
2026-10-07T18:26:40.66+00:00

Every email I get has the email but also a message above it with a short resume of what is in the email followed by >

How do I get rid of this extra message

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Answer accepted by question author
John Jefferson Doyon 89,540 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-10-08T16:40:56.5633333+00:00

Thank you for letting me know.

Your Inbox is currently sorted by "Subject": shown by the ^ beside the Subject heading. The line with the > arrow is the subject-group heading that Outlook adds when messages are sorted this way.

Change the sorting back to "Date":

  • At the top of the message list, click Sorted by icon.
  • Under "Sorted by", select "Date".

See screenshot below:

Screenshot 2026-10-09 003415


I really hope this information is helpful! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Maz Jones 20 Reputation points
    2026-10-08T10:26:04.1533333+00:00

    Hi John - thanks for your message - I attach a screen shot of the actual issue. Sorry it's sideways.IMG_0536 (1)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.