Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I searched for aura photo-taking cameras, two websites that I clicked on generated pop-ups saying the things in the attachment. The way I stopped it is to click on the crosses beneath the main one but they kept reappearing so I ran a full Norton 360 scan. Nothing was detected, so I deleted all of the Microsoft Edge History after that. Please note that the pop-ups must be closed.
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
Hi. I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.
Since your Norton scan came back clean, your computer is safe. What you are experiencing are fake security alerts triggered by browser notifications rather than a malware infection.
To remove these pop-ups in Microsoft Edge, follow these steps:
edge://settings/content/notifications into the address bar and press Enter;(If you don't find it in this menu, let me know. Further investigation is needed.)
Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
AI answer
Those pop-ups are consistent with browser pop-ups or fake security scam pages, not proof of an infection. Since a Norton 360 full scan found nothing and the pop-ups had to be manually closed, the next steps in Microsoft Edge are:
Important limitation: some website advertisements are designed to look like pop-ups. Microsoft Edge can block many pop-ups, but it does not block website ads that mimic pop-ups, and it also does not prevent a pop-up if a button or link on a webpage was selected.
References: