This notification won’t go away

Mirabel 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T15:46:26.7633333+00:00

Ive tried everything to stop it. I turned off smart app control it just pops up in a different font. I’ve tried repairing and updating windows security nothing happens. I’ve done wsreset, nothing. I’ve scanned and restored my pc with cmd, nothing happens. All my apps are updated at least the ones that are not greyed out but NOTHING is working. It pops up every two **** seconds and it’s getting on my last nerve, it’s slowing my work down too. Please I need help how do I fix thisIMG_4108

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Emma1-N 13,430 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-08T03:30:27.2833333+00:00

    Welcome Mirabel,

    Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Q&A forum.

    Since this is your personal home PC and the message can appear even shortly after Windows starts, let's try to identify the app that is repeatedly triggering it rather than checking the Store for updates again.

    • The next time the message appears, select Learn more about Smart App Control if possible. Then open Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Protection history and check whether there is a recent Smart App Control or Blocked app entry. Please let me know the app/file name shown there.
    • If an app is identified, open Settings > Apps > Installed apps, find that app, select Advanced options if available, and try Repair first.
    • If Repair does not help, return to the same page and use Reset. Please note that resetting an app may remove that app's locally stored settings or data.

    Looking forward to your update.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.