AADSTS5000228: Access to newly created tenant is denied.

Eduard Buhali 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T14:20:27.7733333+00:00

Hi.
I wanted to activate P2 trial for my existing Azure account. However, following the process I believe Azure did not allow to activate the free trial on my existing account and created a new account (with ID ******@domain.onmicrosoft.com).

After I entered all details required (including credit card information) I got a confirmation that the account was created.

But when I try to login, I get the error "AADSTS5000228: Access to 'xxxxxx' tenant is denied. Please contact your administrator."

I saw on another post that I should call MS support to open a case. But isn't there an easier way than explaining all through the phone? I should be able to open a help request on my existing free pay as you go tenant for this using Billing or subscription management selections according to MS documentation. But no matter what I select, I never reach the screen to open a request and get only default "solutions" that are useless. Is that expected?

I need to know two things:

Was this new azure tenant really created? If so it will bill me in one month. So, I need to access it to use the service or cancel it.

What is the easiest way to get access to this newly created tenant? (no calling support preferably?)

Thanks.

Cost Management
Cost Management

A Microsoft offering that enables tracking of cloud usage and expenditures for Azure and other cloud providers.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.