Deleted Channel

Blaufarb Jonathan 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T14:17:07.7033333+00:00

Hello,

How can I see who deleted a Channel on Teams?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Teams and channels | Delete a team or channel
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Liora 2,340 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-07T14:38:05.0533333+00:00

    Dear @Blaufarb Jonathan,

    I hope you’re having a good day. 

    If your organization has Microsoft 365 auditing enabled, you can usually identify who deleted the Teams channel by reviewing the Microsoft Purview Audit logs. Microsoft audits Teams activities such as Deleted channel, Added channel, Team deletion, and other channel-related actions.

    Check who deleted the channel

    Navigate to: Microsoft Purview > Audit > Audit Search

    User's image

    Then search for the Deleted channel activity around the time the channel was removed. The audit record may show:

    • The user who deleted the channel.
    • The date and time of the action.
    • The affected Team and Channel.

    Reference: Search the audit log for events in Microsoft Teams

    Audit records are only available if auditing was enabled in the tenant, and the availability of historical data depends on your organization's audit retention settings and licensing.

    I hope this information helps point you in the right direction. If you run into any issues while trying the steps, or if something still doesn’t feel quite right, please don’t hesitate to reach out again. I’ll do my best to support you however I can.   

    Looking forward to hearing back from you with any updates or additional details.  

    Warm regards,  


    If the answer is helpful, please select "Yes, accept answer". If you have any questions or new updates, please feel free to comment below. 

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.