MS Sway insists on refreshing every few minutes

Derek Bradshaw 10 Reputation points
2026-10-07T11:34:46.3366667+00:00

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.26100.9448]

Edge Version 154.0.4258.62 (Official build) (64-bit)

I am continually getting:

"Uh oh... it looks like something went wrong. Don't worry, though – we've made a note of the error and will investigate it. Please refresh the page to continue using Sway."

Many times during a session. ½ hour so far, and I have seen it at least 10 times.

All Applications Closed - Cookies and Cache Cleared - Edge closed - Machine rebooted. Signed back into MS account and still getting the error.

Tested with a different browser - similar actions, slightly different message

"We're sorry. Something is Broken. Don't worry, though - we've made a note of the error and will investigate it."

Having been tempted to try on a different OS, two browsers on two different OS's talking to the same server and getting the same responses would suggest an issue with MS.

Will there be a fix forthcoming from Microsoft.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Sway | For business
0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Derek Bradshaw 10 Reputation points
    2026-10-07T15:37:14.4733333+00:00

    @Kristen Tran @Rukshan edirisinghe

    Thank you both for your input.

    Kristen, for confirming what I already had suspicions of, and for the links.

    Rukshan, for giving me one or two more ideas to pursue.

    • VPN disconnected; issue persists
    • Change of network, issue persists
    • More than one Sway, issue persists

    The more I look into this, the more convinced I become that it is definitely a service issue and NOT local.

    I have raised a ticket with my local Service Desk/MS Admin. I will let you know if we get anything back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  2. Kristen Tran 2,285 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-07T12:18:14.98+00:00

    Hi Derek,

    Thank you for providing the detailed troubleshooting information.

    Based on your description, the issue occurs consistently across multiple browsers and even different operating systems. Since you've already cleared the browser cache and cookies, restarted the device, and tested with another browser, this appears more likely to be a service-side issue affecting Sway rather than a problem with your local browser or device.

    Additionally, there have been reports from other users experiencing similar Sway errors and unexpected page refreshes. While this may indicate a broader service issue, I cannot confirm whether there is an official incident or provide an estimated resolution time unless it is communicated through Microsoft's service health channels.

    For reference, you may review the following service monitoring sites:

    This link is shared by community members for your convenience. It points to a third-party site that is not managed or verified by Microsoft. I can’t guarantee the quality, safety, or suitability of any content or software found there. Please review carefully and make sure you understand any potential risks before using it.  

    If you have administrator access to your tenant, I recommend signing in to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center and opening a support request by selecting Help & Support in the upper-right corner of the page. This will allow Microsoft Support to investigate the issue further using backend diagnostics and service logs. If you do not have administrator permissions, please contact your organization's IT administrator and ask them to open the support ticket on your behalf.

    They can follow steps from this link: Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn

    In case you do not know who is your IT admin, kindly refer to this article: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support  

    User's image

    In the meantime, I recommend avoiding significant edits in Sway, where possible, as the repeated page refreshes may cause recent changes not to be saved successfully.

    I hope this information helps. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know, and I'll be happy to assist further.

    Kind regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Rukshan edirisinghe 1,400 Reputation points
    2026-10-07T12:01:26.2033333+00:00

    Hi @Derek Bradshaw

    Sorry you're dealing with this. Having to refresh every few minutes is a real pain. You've already done the usual browser fixes, and seeing the same error in two browsers does point away from your PC. There's no confirmed cause I can point to yet, so here's how to narrow it down and get it in front of Microsoft:

    1. Open Sway in an InPrivate window while on a different network, like a phone hotspot. If the error stops, something on your usual network (a proxy, VPN or firewall) is probably dropping the connection.
    2. If it still happens, ask your Microsoft 365 admin to check Health > Service health in the admin center for any Sway incident.
    3. If nothing is listed there, your admin can open a ticket from Support > New service request. Include the times you saw the error so Microsoft can match them to their logs.

    Does it happen in every Sway you open, or only in one particular Sway?

    If this sorts it out, please consider accepting it as the answer. If the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to keep helping.

    Reference:

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.