MS Teams on Macbook does not have audio (in app and web versions)

Firoz Khader 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T09:43:35.28+00:00

I am running MacOs 27 on my Apple Macbook Air (Apple Silicon M5).
Teams Settings show that the correct devices (internal Macbook Speakers and Macbook Microphone) have been selected.
However, there is no audio output and the Test Speaker and Mic also results in no audio output.
I have tried switching between the app and webversions of Teams but there is no solution.

I have restarted the macOS audio daemon by running (sudo killall coreaudiod) in Terminal
And restarted the macbook, and then restarted Teams.
I have updated Teams, and also tried to uninstall and reinstall Teams.

Still no audio

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Teams for Mac
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Alina Le 5,585 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-07T10:44:12.3833333+00:00

    Hello Firoz Khader

    To support narrowing down this issue, might I confirm:

    • Does audio work normally in other macOS applications such as Safari (YouTube), FaceTime, Music, or Voice Memos?
    • If available, does the issue persist when using a wired or Bluetooth headset instead of the built-in MacBook speakers and microphone?
    • Have you tested Teams on another device using the same account? If so, does audio work there?

    In the meantime, could you please try the following:

    1/ Check Teams microphone permissions in macOS

    • Go to System Settings > Privacy & Security > Microphone.
    • Confirm that Microsoft Teams is allowed access.
    • If it is already enabled, try turning it off and back on, then restart Teams.

    2/ Verify macOS Sound settings

    • Go to System Settings > Sound.
    • Confirm that audio output is not muted and that the microphone input level responds when speaking.

    3/ Test with an alternate audio device

    If available, connect a wired or Bluetooth headset and check whether audio works in Teams. This can help determine whether the issue is related to the built-in MacBook audio devices.

    Please let me know if I can do anything more for you.

    Kind regards,

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.