A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Word version 2609 Build 16.0.20430.20032
Windows 11 version 25H2, installed on 2/25/26. I see that version 26H2 is available now, but I'm not sure if I should install until I resolve this isse.
Thank you for letting me know.
Since Windows Update is already offering Windows 11 26H2, I suggest installing it first, then restart the computer and test Word again. The process will download and restart your PC several times. This may take some time, so please be patient and do not interrupt the process.
If the issue still persists after the upgrade, uninstall Microsoft 365/Office completely from the computer, restart, then reinstall it from your Microsoft account here: https://account.microsoft.com/services
Here’s how:
- Open the Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Look for any version of Microsoft Office or Office apps, right-click, then choose Uninstall. Please uninstall all Office apps.
- Once that’s done, restart your computer just to be safe.
Then, to reinstall Microsoft Office:
- Go to https://account.microsoft.com/services
- Sign in using the same Microsoft account linked to your license.
- Find your Microsoft 365 Subscription and click the "Install".
- That will download the installer for the Office apps, just run it and follow the steps.
If anything’s unclear or the "Install" option still doesn’t show, feel free to let me know. I’ll be happy to walk you through it!
After reinstalling, sign in with the same Microsoft account that holds your Microsoft 365 subscription and test one of the affected Word files again.
Thanks!