Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
I got so frustrated after going down all the suggestions, I uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled from the app store. Now accessing it as if it was new, it recognizes my email account and attempts to speak with gmail and eventually fails.
{"SessionId":"4f98561e-841b-5c4a-a1cd-8bc0a94eb833","Timestamp":1791316653551,"Error":"INVALIDCREDENTIALS TEMPORARILYUNAVAILABLE"}
I believe it is has been a few months since my last password change. As far as I know I have not changed an security settings.
Thanks for the details. The INVALIDCREDENTIALS TEMPORARILYUNAVAILABLE error appears to be occurring while Outlook is trying to authenticate with Google, rather than from the Outlook installation itself.
First, make sure you can sign directly into Gmail at https://mail.google.com and see your mail normally.
If Gmail works there, please try resetting Outlook's permission to your Google account:
- Go to https://myaccount.google.com/connections while signed into the affected Google account.
- Look for Microsoft or Microsoft apps & services under the apps that have access to your Google account.
- Open it and remove its access.
- Close Outlook completely and reopen it.
- Add the Gmail account again.
- When Google asks what Microsoft can access, make sure you approve the requested Gmail permissions and select "Allow."
Removing a third-party connection revokes its existing authorization, allowing it to be authorized again when you reconnect.
Microsoft's Gmail setup instructions also require completing the Google sign-in and selecting "Allow" when the permissions window appears:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/getstarted/add-a-gmail-account-to-outlook-for-windows
If it still gives the same error afterward, is this a regular @gmail.com address or a company email address hosted through Google Workspace, and are any other users at your company having the same problem?
Click "Add comment" to let me know.
Thanks!