How to fix "The daily message limit helps us free the world from spammers--we're sorry that it's getting in your way. " Error

Unity_Rolling 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T13:35:28.0533333+00:00

I have an account for our neighborhood community of about 30 emails. When I try to send an email to our community, I get this error message:

The daily message limit helps us free the world from spammers--we're sorry that it's getting in your way.

I have completed all the security verification. Stil I cannot send message. Please help.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Emma1-N 13,510 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-10-06T23:49:38.5133333+00:00

Welcome Unity_Rolling,

Thank you for posting your question.

The error message usually means that Outlook.com has temporarily limited sending activity to help prevent spam. Even if you have completed the security verification.

Before suggesting further troubleshooting, could you please confirm:

  • Is this an Outlook.com/Hotmail/Live/MSN personal account, or is it a Microsoft 365 work/school account?
  • Are you sending to all 30 recipients in a single message, or are you using a distribution/group list?
  • Approximately how many emails have you sent from this account during the last 24 hours?

Looking forward to your update.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Unity_Rolling 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-09T14:20:58.3466667+00:00

    Thanks. Per your suggestion, I split the email to limit number of recipients to less than 10 and it seems to be working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.