Can't earn points from the news, now I'll lose my streak

Bo Andre Ingvarsson 5 Reputation points
2026-10-06T07:01:59.9666667+00:00

I had to change my password yesterday so of course I had to verify things with all devices again and browsers. Worked out with the browsers but with the bing app itself while it says that I'm logged in and don't need to verify as the red circle is gone. It seems it doesn't fully recognize me as being verified, as it also keeps sending me in circles. Because you can only earn "read to earn" via the bing app and not on the browser on PC or Edge on Android and even after veryifying it won't give me the points. After over 700 days. This will be my first time losing any kind of streak and let's be honest contacting proper support via a ticket usually takes 3-4 weeks to get an answer. Do you have any suggestions how I can fix this?

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Android

3 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Onyx Is here 5,015 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T08:41:14.1766667+00:00

    I do know about how long it takes to get a reply from them as I had to send that form out once. I do wish there was something else I could suggest though but I'm afraid that's the only way as not even support can help with Rewards issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. Onyx Is here 5,015 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T08:17:11.56+00:00

    Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

    However, I'm afraid that no one here would be able to help with Rewards issues. What I would recommend is to complete the form located here https://rewards.bing.com/support and then keep an eye on your email including the junk/spam folder for a reply. If the Rewards Support Team are able to help they may restore your streak.

    Please note that there is a limited amount of streak protection days on an account (I believe it's 14 days). If you've already used those up then there would be no other way to protect your streak.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  3. AI answer

    2026-10-06T07:02:16.6266667+00:00

    Try these checks first:

    1. Sign out of the Bing app, restart the phone, then sign back in with the same Microsoft account used for Rewards.
    2. Clear the Bing app cache, then open the app again and check whether the news reading activity starts counting.
    3. Make sure the app is not using a VPN or proxy, and that the device time zone is correct. Rewards streaks can reset if a VPN is used or the device is on a different time zone.
    4. Confirm the account in the Bing app is the same account used for Microsoft Rewards. A different signed-in account can prevent points and streak activity from registering.
    5. If the app keeps sending verification prompts in circles, try another network. Switching between Wi‑Fi and mobile data can help when Microsoft temporarily blocks or mistrusts a verification method.
    6. If verification still fails, try another verification method connected to the account, then avoid repeated attempts. Too many repeated verification requests can trigger a temporary block.
    7. Wait at least 24 hours before retrying heavily. Temporary blocks can clear on their own, and repeated attempts may extend the lock.

    If the streak or reading points still do not return after that, the supported next step is Microsoft Rewards Support. The support guidance in similar cases is to submit a Rewards support request for a broken streak or missing point registration so the account activity can be reviewed.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.