office student 2016 uninstalled

Jean Horton 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T20:15:01.42+00:00

Why did Microsoft uninstall my office student 2016 that were working fine with Windows 10? If I reinstall it from my account will I be charged for something I already paid for?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Stefan Blom 354K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-05T20:56:08.8066667+00:00

    An update turned out to have an undesired side-effect; see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/servicing/os/microsoft-365/kb5002907-optional-update-for-out-of-date-microsoft-365-apps-installations. The fix is to reinstall and reactivate your version of Office. In most cases, you can reinstall from your associated account. If you run into activation issues, see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/activation/activate-microsoft-perpetual-products-using-the-product-activation-portal .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.