Need correct Windows 11 25H2/26H2 English International ISO for in-place repair

C Parker 5 Reputation points
2026-10-05T19:40:00.62+00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to repair a damaged Windows 11 installation and need advice on the correct official installation media.

My current system is:

  • Windows 11 Pro
  • Version: 25H2
  • OS Build: 26200.8655
  • Display language: English (United Kingdom)
  • Architecture: x64

Windows Update is failing with 0x80040154 (Class not registered) on:

  • KB5129195 – September 2026 Security Update
  • KB5126052 – September 2026 .NET Framework Security Update
  • Windows 11 26H2 feature update

I have also tried manually installing the updates, but they fail with the same error.


DISM diagnostics:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
The component store cannot be repaired.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Error: 0x80040154
Class not registered
DISM /Online /Get-CurrentEdition
Error: 0x80040154
Class not registered

The Windows Update "Fix problems using Windows Update → Reinstall now" option is also unavailable.

I am therefore looking to perform an in-place repair/upgrade while retaining all personal files, applications and settings.

I initially created installation media using the Media Creation Tool, but the resulting Windows.iso contains setup.exe version 10.0.26100.1, which appears to be 24H2 media and is therefore unsuitable for repairing my 25H2 installation.

Could someone please provide or point me to the correct official Microsoft ISO for my system?

Do any of you know if I repair with the latest version, will I still be able to retain my personal files :

Windows 11 26H2 x64 — English International (UK) — multi-edition ISO

(or, if 25H2 media is required for the repair, Windows 11 25H2 x64 — English International — multi-edition ISO

Win11_25H2_EnglishInternational_x64_v2.iso

I specifically need English International/UK English, rather than English (United States), as I want to ensure that Windows Setup offers "Keep personal files and apps" for the in-place repair.

Any advice on the correct Microsoft-hosted media and the safest repair path would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Airbus A350 8,120 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-05T21:34:32.7133333+00:00

    Hello,

    You can go to https://microsoft.com/software-download/windows11 to get your copy of a Windows 11 ISO.The ISO that you download should both repair your Windows installation and upgrade you to 26H2, which gets two things done at once. The upgrade should also let you keep all your files and programs.

    I apologize for my errors above. Do you have the latest version of the Media Creation tool installed? If so, it should create the correct ISO. I'm currently creating the ISO from the Media Creation Tool right now, so I'll let you know if I succeed.

    I hope to hear back from you.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.