Accidentally redeemed M365 key on wrong account.

User258462318 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T08:58:26.85+00:00

I purchased two separate Microsoft 365 Family 1-year licenses for two different Microsoft accounts.

  • **Account 1:**License1
  • Account 2: License2

I successfully redeemed the first license on Account 1.

However, when I attempted to redeem the second license for Account 2, I accidentally entered the second product key while signed in to Account 1.

As a result, the second license was added to Account 1, and Account 1 now shows the Microsoft 365 subscription extended until 2028. Account 2 still has no license.

I would like to correct this mistake.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 937.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T09:34:39.1233333+00:00

    there is no native process available to move a Microsoft 365 subscription from one Microsoft account to another account.

    Usually, you could cancel the subscription to get a pro-rata refund, then take out the subscription on the other account, however, because the subscription on Account 1 has now been pre-loaded for two years up to 2028, do not cancel the subscription, you risk loosing both subscriptions and only receive a refund for one subscription.

    This forum is just a user to user forum, no-one here has any account access, you will need to contact Microsoft Support directly, try using this method to contact their support.

    Go to this link: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

    Select Microsoft 365

    Click 'Get Home Support'.

    In the box provided, type billing.

    Press Enter, then on the next page, scroll down and click 'Sign in to Contact Support'.

    Navigate to Microsoft 365 and Office - Manage my Subscription.

    Select the 'Chat with support agent in web browser' option

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.