Error 500, something went wrong.

Eric Southwell 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T04:06:06.7533333+00:00

Hello, I'm having trouble getting into my mail.

2026-10-05_080114

I also don't seem to be able to add my account to my Gmail, I have control of the account but can't get into the mail, I've changed my password, I've reset my alias, I've, updated region info, I e tried going through exchange, Ive gone through the input output settings, the manual setup,

2026-10-05_080247

I'm not sure what's going on, can you look into it please?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. GsN5034 - IA 78,075 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T05:38:37.0333333+00:00

    Hello,

    Outlook error 500 usually happens because of a corrupted cache and cookies stored in your web browser. This may conflict with the Outlook servers, and you may encounter this issue. To resolve this, first try signing in with your Microsoft Outlook account in an InPrivate (Incognito) window. See if you can sign in normally there.

    If it works, clear your browsing history, cache, and cookies (All time), then log in to your account.

    In some cases, switching to a different web browser or network, such as mobile data, may also help.


    So, let me know if you can sign in with your @hotmail.com account on the Outlook web. This will help me to determine whether the issue is with your Account itself or with the device/app you're trying to add your account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.