How do I verify my identity without using bing on microsoft rewards?

Ren 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T23:29:25.1033333+00:00

I got into my Microsoft rewards account (the one with the points) and tried to buy a gift card. I have enough points, and it told me to verify via bing or phone number (Not email) I don't have access to bing, and when I try to use it using my phone number, it just says "Phone verification is currently not available." What am I doing wrong? I tried using incognito but that still doesnt work.

Windows for home | Other | Apps
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ian-T 13,200 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-05T03:58:32.1633333+00:00

    Hi @Ren

    You are not doing anything wrong. Microsoft Rewards currently requires either phone verification or QR-code verification through the Bing mobile app when redeeming certain rewards. Email verification is not offered for this process.

    Since phone verification says it is unavailable, please check that:

    • The number is a regular mobile or landline number, not VoIP.
    • Your account and phone number are from the same country/region.
    • You are not using a VPN or proxy.
    • The number has not already been associated with too many Rewards accounts.

    If you made several attempts, stop retrying and try again after 48 hours, as repeated attempts can temporarily restrict verification.

    If Bing verification is unavailable in your region and phone verification still does not work, submit the issue through Microsoft Rewards Support. Kindly note that forum moderators cannot change or bypass the verification requirement.

    Thank you for your understanding and time. Hope you have a good day

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.