Problem with a Minecraft cape code

Water Lemons 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T20:18:22.7533333+00:00

Around the time that the Home Cape and the Menace Cape were being distributed, I was able to get the code for both and redeem them. It went through, but the items never showed up on my account. I checked both versions of the game and went to the Minecraft website, which led me to Microsoft Support, which led me here. It's also in the order history of the Microsoft account I have linked to my Minecraft account, so I know that I redeemed it. If anyone has a solution, I would love to know. Thank you.

Windows for home | Other | Gaming
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kai-H 27,975 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-05T08:36:22.6633333+00:00

    Hi, Water Lemons

    I can see why this is frustrating. Since both redemptions appear in your Microsoft order history but neither cape shows up in either game, this is more than just a question of where to equip them.

    Here are some suggestions you can try:

    First, sign out of the Minecraft Launcher, close it completely, and sign back in with the same Microsoft account shown in your order history. In Bedrock Edition, open the Dressing Room and check Capes. If either cape is there, equip it, then open Java Edition and select Skins, choose your current skin, select… > Edit, choose the cape, and select Save & Use. Restart Java afterward. This Bedrock-to-Java process is the one in Minecraft’s promotional cape guidance.

    If both capes are still missing from Bedrock, I’d go straight to Minecraft Support’s request form. Tell them the Home and Menace Cape codes were redeemed but the items never appeared in either edition. Include the order numbers, redemption dates, and your Minecraft account name so they can investigate the missing items. Please send those details through the private support form, not in a public forum reply.

    Please be advised that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators and contributors, including external Microsoft employees, are not allowed to directly interfere with Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited solely to providing technical guidance on reported incidents, requests, or ideas.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.