splicing and connecting audio stopped working correctly

psy bug 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T14:28:30.5033333+00:00

I am having an ongoing problem with audio editing in Clipchamp that has made the program extremely difficult to use.

The problem occurs when I cut a section out of an audio recording and then reconnect the remaining audio. Previously, I could remove a sentence or part of a sentence and the two remaining sections would reconnect correctly and seamlessly.

For example, if I have a recording that says:

“Hello, my name is [name], and today I want to talk about…”

and I cut out “Hello, my name is [name],” the remaining audio should simply reconnect so that “and today I want to talk about…” starts immediately after the cut.

Instead, Clipchamp is no longer reliably doing this. When I make a cut, the second section of audio can also be affected or shifted. The reconnect point does not always occur at the correct place in the audio. This can cause words or parts of sentences in the second section to be moved, cut off, repeated, or otherwise become misaligned with the first section.

In other words, I am not simply having difficulty making a cut. The problem is that after I cut and remove part of the audio, Clipchamp is altering the positioning of the audio that follows the cut instead of correctly joining the two remaining sections.

This is particularly problematic when editing spoken-word recordings because the exact timing of the words matters. I need to be able to remove a sentence, pause, mistake, breath, or other unwanted section and have the audio immediately before and after the cut remain intact and reconnect at the correct point.

I have continued trying to use Clipchamp, but this issue is still occurring and the program is currently not functioning reliably for this basic editing task.

Please investigate whether there is a bug with Clipchamp's audio splitting, trimming, reconnecting, or timeline positioning. I would also like to know whether this is a known issue and whether there is a permanent fix available.

This is not an issue of not understanding how to use the editing tools. The problem is that the audio following a cut is being affected when it should remain unchanged and simply move into the correct position after the deleted section.

i have reported this multiple times over the last 2 months

Microsoft 365 and Office | Clipchamp | For home
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.