How do I talk/chat with an expert on "account does not exist error"

Manvitha K 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T08:37:21.23+00:00

Hi Team,

I have an Outlook account, when i login it says " Account does not exist", when try to create one with the same ID it says account already exists. I tried all possible ways provided by Microsoft website, but NOTHING WORKS. All the process just loops but it won't provide any resolution. I also tried contact Microsoft customer service number, it is an IVR which just tells me to go the website, which doesn't help.

I just want to have live conversation( call or chat) with an expert on this matter. Kindly assist.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Manvitha

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. GsN5034 - IA 78,075 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-04T09:40:14.21+00:00

    Hello,

    I understand that you are having trouble signing in to your Outlook email account.

    The “Account does not exist” error may appear if,

    1. The username may have been entered incorrectly. Please check it carefully for typing errors.
    2. The account may have been deleted due to inactivity.
    3. Someone may have gained unauthorized access to your Outlook account and removed the email alias.

    So, could you please let me know when you were last able to sign in to your Microsoft account successfully?

    If you haven't signed in with your Microsoft Account for more than 2 years, your account will be put into an inactive State and will be closed permanently. You cannot even use the Account recovery form to recover your account.


    Knowing when you last successfully signed in to your account will help us determine the most appropriate solution for your situation.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.