Why Can't I delete every trace of Copilot?

no 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T21:53:03.01+00:00

I've deleted the app, removed the copilot button from my keyboard, deleted as much as i possibly could. Yet checking my files, there's a hole bunch of non-specific or "nudge" type copilot files that, despite activating administrative mode, I STILL do not have the "authorization" to delete. There are over 1500 files that refuse to be deleted. Copilot is not integral to the functioning of this PC, and as a consumer looking to enjoy the box of bolts i bought for over 1000$, I would like to be able to use it without feeling digitally violated without anyway to remove your prodding device.

Matter of fact, I, and the company you're based in are north american. Land of choices, land of democracy. No one voted for this, people with brains don't want this. Your resistance to providing a de-raping tool or solution is reflective of a company that doesn't value the fact that it exists. If people are not at the forefront of development, your product is worthless and a stain on society.

Microsoft Copilot | Windows Copilot | Copilot+ PC
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Carl-L 23,195 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-06T07:48:16.19+00:00

    Hello no,

    Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum.

    As I checked, your steps should be able to remove Copilot from your computer and prevent it from running. However, even though the leftover files have Copilot and Nudge in it, it might not just for the apps, but can also be a part that helps the OS running.

    Before we proceed further, may I have a few file paths of the files so I can check?

    I'm waiting for your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.