When I click on my MS Word 2007 program to open it, it starts trying to re-install the program. I have to cancel the install and then it will open up the program after a long period. This happens everytime I try to open the program.
Is there a fix or work around to get the program to open problem? Also it will open in safe mode just fine.
This is the error report for the problem.
Source
Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper
Summary
Stopped responding and was closed
Date
10/3/2026 5:37 AM
Status
Report sent
Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\SETUP.EXE
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: SETUP.EXE
Application Version: 12.0.6606.1000
Application Timestamp: 4e26b0a2
Hang Signature: 233e
Hang Type: 134217728
OS Version: 10.0.19045.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 233e45fbf319bde54b0fd12d8c04050b
Additional Hang Signature 2: 6595
Additional Hang Signature 3: 6595d5643ee820b9b9d9f6d73b05ac12
Additional Hang Signature 4: 233e
Additional Hang Signature 5: 233e45fbf319bde54b0fd12d8c04050b
Additional Hang Signature 6: 6595
Additional Hang Signature 7: 6595d5643ee820b9b9d9f6d73b05ac12
Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 57a4c4c2a61d296796a218321f9f44f7 (1630892618619503863)
Any help is greatly appreciated.