Sole Global Administrator locked out due to MFA – Tenant Recovery / Data Protection required

Gabriel Trucollo 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T00:12:24.28+00:00

Hello,

I am the sole Global Administrator of my Microsoft Azure / Entra tenant and I am completely locked out due to an MFA / Microsoft Authenticator issue.

I still have access to my Microsoft personal account and I know the correct username and password. However, when I try to access the Azure Portal / Microsoft Entra tenant, authentication requires Microsoft Authenticator and I cannot complete the MFA challenge.

There is no other Global Administrator in the affected tenant and no break-glass administrator account available, so there is nobody who can reset or re-register my MFA authentication methods.

The Azure automated troubleshooter has already identified the situation as a Microsoft Entra tenant lockout caused by MFA failure of the sole Global Administrator and stated that Microsoft Support intervention and ownership verification are required.

I also created Azure Support Request 2610030040000021 from another Azure account because I cannot access the affected tenant. However, the request was routed to Azure Billing and Subscription Management and I received an automated response stating that technical support is not available under the Basic Support Plan.

This is not an Azure resource technical issue. I need assistance with Microsoft Entra Tenant Recovery / Data Protection to verify ownership of the affected tenant and recover access to the sole Global Administrator account.

I can privately provide all information necessary to verify ownership, including tenant information, billing information, account information and any additional documentation requested by Microsoft.

Could a Microsoft moderator please advise how I can have this case escalated to the Data Protection / Tenant Recovery team, considering that I cannot access the affected tenant to create a support request from it?

For security reasons, I will provide sensitive tenant, account and billing information only through a private Microsoft support channel.

Thank you.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.