All of my emails are gone

Mel 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T18:17:20.3633333+00:00

Hello. I logged into my school email today, and nothing sent before 9/28 is in there. None of the emails I sent are in there. There is nothing in junk, spam, or deleted. My school's tech support is unresponsive. I'm using Outlook on Chrome on a MacBook.

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For education
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Kai-L 19,920 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-02T18:32:02.16+00:00

    Dear Mel,

    Opening your mailbox and finding everything before a certain date gone is alarming, especially when your school's support hasn't responded. As a forum moderator, I genuinely wish I could directly access your account or delve into the backend systems to diagnose and fix this for you. Unfortunately, my role here is limited to providing general guidance and solutions that can be applied by users. Before assuming deletion, could you check:

    • Are you signed into the correct school account?
    • Does Outlook show the expected name and email address?
    • Are all folders missing older mail, or only Inbox and Sent Items?
    • Does search find any older message when the scope is set to All folders?
    • Did the school recently change your username, licence, mailbox, or student status?
    • Is this happening only to you, or to classmates as well?

    Since everything before 28 September is missing at once, this may be related to a change on the school's side, such as a mailbox move or a retention policy. If so, only your school's IT administrator can restore the messages.

    A screenshot of what you see would also help a lot. Please mask any personal information such as your name, email address, or account details before posting it. Once you share these details, I will do my best to help you sort this out. Looking forward to your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.