ONE DRIVE LINK IS MISSING FROM CLASSIC OUTLOOK SIDEBAR

DARLENE TROUTMAN 25 Reputation points
2026-10-02T16:52:45.2133333+00:00

The OneDrive link that was on the sidebar in the classic outlook had disappeared. I followed your instructions on adding it back in, which worked while I was logged in. However, after logging off and returning later in the day, the link to the OneDrive had disappeared again. Is there a way to set this up and keep the icon on the sidebar as it had always previously been located? The temporary fix was to go to File, Options, Add-ins, beside Manage (COM Add-Ins) select Go..., select what I need then ok, logoff and log back in again to save those changes. Changes would only work until my next login which I have to repeat this each time.

Thank you.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lin v 1,545 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-02T18:09:57.9166667+00:00

    Hi Darlene,

    After conducting some testing on my end (Classic Outlook Version 2609, Build 20430.20092), I was able to locate OneDrive under More Apps, and then right-click the icon and select Pin to keep it visible.

    User's image

    User's image

    Based on this behavior, OneDrive appears to be surfaced as an Outlook app that can be pinned from the navigation area rather than as a traditional COM add-in.

    If you haven't already, you may want to try this approach and see whether it allows the OneDrive icon to remain pinned between sign-ins. If the OneDrive icon disappears again after being pinned, you may want to contact your IT administrator for further assistance. They can check whether the behavior is specific to your account and, if necessary, open a support case with Microsoft for further investigation.

    I hope this information is helpful.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.