An Azure service that provides access to OpenAI’s GPT-3 models with enterprise capabilities.
Azure OpenAI: How can an academic researcher obtain Modified Abuse Monitoring for research?
I am a PhD research student conducting non-commercial academic research using credentialed MIMIC data from PhysioNet.
PhysioNet’s guidance for using MIMIC data with Azure OpenAI requires users to opt out of human review of prompts and completions. I understand that this is currently handled through Modified Abuse Monitoring.
I currently have access to an Azure for Students subscription and an individual Azure subscription. However, the application process appears to be mainly intended for Microsoft-managed enterprise customers, and I do not have a Microsoft account team.
Could you please clarify the supported way for an academic researcher in this situation to obtain Modified Abuse Monitoring? Can individual academic researchers also apply using this form?
My intended use is limited to offline research experiments with MIMIC data and will not involve patient-facing or clinical deployment.
Thank you.