AADConnectProvisioningAgentSetup.exe Error 0x80070643: Failed to execute MSI package

SILVAN DIEM 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T07:00:52.3133333+00:00

Hi,

I am trying to install Cloud Sync (Microsoft Entra Connect). (AADConnectProvisioningAgentSetup.exe)
Unfortunately, the installation aborts immediately with an Error 0x80070643:
[0D10:1A44][2026-10-01T22:51:45]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to install MSI package.

OS: Windows 2022 Essential Server / German. With the newest Patches installed. (OS Build 20348.5622.)

Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard (Version: 10.0.20348)

  • .NET Framework Release: 528449
  • TLS 1.2 Client (SChannel): Registry-Pfad existiert nicht (Standardeinstellung des OS greift)
  • .NET Strong Crypto (64-Bit): activated
  • .NET Strong Crypto (32-Bit): activated

In the log i found following :

ExecSecureObjects: Error 0x80070534: failed to get sid for account: BUILTIN\Administrators

In our AD the Group Called "BUILTIN\Administratoren" instead of "BUILTIN\Administrators"

  • We also installed the english Language Pack, on this Server, with no luck. Same Problem.
  • So i add an additional Global Group in the AD Call BUILTIN\Administrators which is member of "BUILTIN\Administratoren" - Also with no luck. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Silvan
Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Oliver Geissler 5 Reputation points
    2026-10-02T15:39:48.0533333+00:00

    Hi Silvan,

    I've got the exact same problem.

    I've tried 2016 + 2025 German Server.

    Error: 0x80070643

    @Microsoft: Any idea?

    I've opened a SupportCall:
    Unable to install Microsoft Entra Provisioning Agent ‎ (#‎2610021420001769‎)

    Greetings from Neuss
    Oliver

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.