Azure DevOps: Email Address Mismatch with Entra ID — Identity Not Updating Despite Changes

DawieConradie-1631 0 Reputation points
2026-10-01T07:37:31.4733333+00:00

Problem description

I am experiencing an issue where the email address displayed in Azure DevOps does not match the updated email in Microsoft Entra ID for a user. Despite changing the Entra ID email over a month ago, Azure DevOps still shows the old email address. I want to understand why the change isn't reflected in Azure DevOps and how to resolve this discrepancy.

Environment

Azure DevOps Services; Affected user in Azure DevOps organization with Entra ID; Region not specified in case information.

What I've already tried

Based on the support case, the only documented troubleshooting step was running the 'Resolve' action in Organization settings > Microsoft Entra ID, which did not update the email address in Azure DevOps. No further diagnostic results or profile refresh steps have been mentioned in the case.

Current status

I am seeking guidance on how to force Azure DevOps to update the email address to match Entra ID, and whether additional steps like identity reconciliation or profile refresh are necessary. I would appreciate detailed instructions or recommendations to resolve the email mismatch issue.

Azure DevOps

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.