Core component of SQL Server for storing, processing, and securing data
Myself, I don't work a lot with spatial, so I am not in position to comment on the case specifically. And even less do I understand the difference between these SRIDs. But if you have some other environment which supports spatial calculations, I would encourage you to try the operations there as well. It could be that this is something that follows from the definition of the SRIDs.If you truly believe that Microsoft has implemented SRID 104001 incorrectly, and you think it should be fixed, the proper way to proceed is to open a support case. This would require that you have a support contract.
You can also report the issue on https://feedback.azure.com/d365community/forum/04fe6ee0-3b25-ec11-b6e6-000d3a4f0da0 to let Microsoft know about the issue. But this is no guarantee that there will be a fix, as they will triage as they see fit. If you report the issue there, I recommend that you compose a repro that demonstrates the problem, preferably with simpler polygons than 1058 points.