Additional SQL Server features and topics not covered by specific categories
Database mail is not my not speciality. I made an attempt to set it up on my machine to test, but it did not really work out. We have database mail set up at my client, but I would not be surprised if the applicable settings are US English, so little point in testing.
However, if you get the right format on SQL 2017 and the wrong format on SQL 2022, I am quite sure that it is a local issue. I can't imagine that Microsoft would change this between versions. You say that Windows regional settings and the service account for Agent has UK format. I would double-check the format for the service account. And I would check the system locale. Go to Region under the Control Panel. Select the Administrative tab and check "Language for non-Unicode programs". You want that to be English (United Kingdom). If not click the button Change System Locale. Note: You need to restart Windows for the change to take effect.
By the way, what does "SELECT @@version" return?