Ipad Pro Excel Printing Issue

Brian Whiteroad 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T05:46:22.98+00:00

I use excel on both a desktop & iPad.

I have used an iPad Pro to print sheets from various excel spreadsheets for a number of years however when i try to do it now & get to the actual printing ... trying to print A3 size ... I either get "This file can't be converted into a printable format" or "Working on it " msg initially before a 2nd "Working on it" msg window & program bombs!

I have deleted & reinstalled app only to find it does the same.

I am running version 2.114.26092517 on iPadIOS version 27.0.1

The files work & seem fine on my desktop.

Please help.

Kind Regards

Brian

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | iOS

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kai-H 27,725 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-30T10:13:35.3966667+00:00

    Hi, Brian Whiteroad

    Since PDF export fails too, this is happening before the sheet reaches the printer. I wouldn’t spend more time reinstalling Excel or changing printer settings at this point.

    Here are some suggestions you can try:

    Open the workbook from OneDrive instead of the Excel app and try printing it there. Someone with the same “can’t be converted into a printable format” error found that printing from OneDrive still worked.

    If you have access to the workbook in Safari, open it in Excel for the web and use File > Print. That uses the browser’s print view rather than the iPad app’s print screen. Check that the preview shows the right sheet and A3 layout before printing.

    If neither route works, print from the desktop for now and contact Microsoft support with the Excel version, iPadOS version, and both error messages. I can’t confirm a fix for this particular version, so those details will help them investigate the conversion failure.

    Please be advised that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators and contributors, including external Microsoft employees, are not allowed to directly interfere with Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited solely to providing technical guidance on reported incidents, requests, or ideas.   

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.