Authenticator app

Rxzvxn M 0 Reputation points
2026-09-29T01:16:43.05+00:00

Long story short - trying to get a free deliveroo subscription - need a code from my Authenticator app - not logged in with my school email IN the Authenticator app in ages - when I try logging into my email account IN the Authenticator app, it says I need a code, and that’s the whole problem. Can someone please help me resolve this

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For education | Windows
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Hin Vo 1,190 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-01T07:07:03.75+00:00

    Hi @Rxzvxn M

    May I know whether you recently changed phones, reinstalled the Microsoft Authenticator app, or no longer have access to the device that was previously registered for MFA?

    As far as I know, this can sometimes happen after switching to a new device, replacing a phone, reinstalling the Microsoft Authenticator app, or if the authenticator token becomes corrupted. If so, your Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) registration may need to be revoked and re-registered.

    Because you're using a school account, the MFA settings are managed by your university's IT administrator. Unfortunately, this isn't something that can be reset from the user side. I'd recommend reaching out to your university's IT administrator and explaining that you're unable to sign in because you're stuck with the Microsoft Authenticator app and are no longer receiving authentication prompts or codes.

    If you're unable to find your IT admin, you may want to contact your school's help desk, a teacher, or another appropriate staff member to determine who is responsible for managing student accounts within your organization.

    If you are unsure who your IT administrator is, you can refer to this official Microsoft guide for assistance: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support .

    User's image

    You can specifically ask whether they can:

    • Reset your MFA settings
    • Require MFA re-registration
    • Remove your existing Authenticator registration so you can set it up again

    You may also want to share the following Microsoft article with them: Manage authentication methods for Microsoft Entra multifactor authentication - Microsoft Entra ID | …

    Once your IT administrator resets your MFA registration, you should be able to sign in again and go through the Microsoft Authenticator setup process from the beginning, including scanning a new QR code on your device.

    I hope this points you in the right direction. If you receive any updates from your IT team or run into any issues along the way, feel free to reply back with more details and I'll be happy to help further.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. Bruce (SqlWork.com) 85,456 Reputation points
    2026-09-29T01:21:41.4966667+00:00

    You will probably need your school to reset your mail account. Contact them for support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.