A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Samsung Gallery sync with OneDrive is being retired on Sept 30, 2026, so if I were you, I would not spend much time trying to get that Gallery Sync screen working again. Microsoft is now directing Samsung users to use OneDrive’s Camera Backup instead.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/changes-to-samsung-gallery-sync-and-onedrive
In the OneDrive app, go to:
Profile picture > Settings > Camera backup > turn Camera backup on.
Regarding “Free up phone space”: Samsung still documents that option under the old Gallery Sync feature when it is available, but that integration is being discontinued, so I would not rely on it going forward.
So, first switch to Camera Backup and confirm your newest photos and videos are safely in OneDrive (www.onedrive.com) before deleting anything from the phone. Also, Camera backup via OneDrive app is one-way sync, meaning, if the photos are deleted from the phone, they remain in the cloud.