Azure AI Foundry: Claude Model Deployment Failure — Purchase Error and Region Compatibility Issues

Travis-1503 0 Reputation points
2026-09-28T19:03:13.97+00:00

Problem description

I am unable to deploy the Claude model in Azure AI Foundry. The deployment fails at the purchase step with the error message: "This purchase cannot be completed. Please contact Microsoft support." While I can deploy other models like GPT successfully, Claude deployments do not complete.

Environment

Azure AI Foundry on an Azure Developer subscription. No specific region, project name, quota setting, or policy configuration was provided. The deployment is attempted via the Azure AI Foundry Portal.

What I've already tried

I have checked the billing method, and I confirm that I have an active paid billing method. I have also verified that Azure Marketplace purchases are allowed for my subscription. I checked the model catalog and confirmed that the Claude models are visible and selectable, and I accepted the Marketplace offer for the relevant models. I also verified that the deployment region supports the Claude models and that my quota shows 0/40k used, indicating capacity is available.

Current status

The deployment failure persists at the purchase stage with the specified error message. I am seeking assistance to identify the root cause, whether it is region restrictions, quota issues, or backend platform problems, and to find a resolution to successfully deploy the Claude model.

Foundry Models
Foundry Models

A catalog of AI models in Microsoft Foundry that you can discover, compare, and deploy using Azure’s built‑in tools for evaluation, fine‑tuning, and inference


1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Karnam Venkata Rajeswari 5,340 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-28T20:58:08.9733333+00:00

    Hello @Travis-1503 ,

    Welcome to Microsoft Q&A .Thank you for reaching out to us.

    The message "This purchase cannot be completed. Please contact support" points to the deployment failing at the Azure Marketplace purchase stage, ahead of model capacity being assigned. Claude is offered through a partner-model Marketplace flow with its own subscription, billing and permission checks, separate from how GPT is provisioned, so a successful GPT deployment does not confirm eligibility for the Claude purchase path.

    Please check if the below checks in order help-

    1. Please confirm subscription eligibility: note the exact subscription offer name and billing account type, and check whether the subscription is PAYG, EA, MCA, CSP, sponsored, student, free trial, or credit based. Claude does not support CSP, free trial, student, or credit based subscriptions.
    2. Then confirm Marketplace configuration: paid Marketplace purchases must be enabled (not restricted to Free/BYOL), and the offer must be available and approved for the billing account's country.
    3. Proceed to confirm permissions: Contributor or Owner on the resource group, plus permission to subscribe to Marketplace offerings and create SaaS resources.
    4. Kindly check whether a Microsoft.SaaS/resources entry was created for this deployment attempt. Its absence or failed state points to where the purchase is breaking down

    The following references might be helpful , please check them out

    We have reached out to you on private message for further assistance

    Please let us know if the response was helpful

     

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.