Why is all my data hidden?

Sarah Robbins 20 Reputation points
2026-09-27T09:33:59.59+00:00

I am using Excel on my ipad. I obviously inadvertently did something and now all of my rows snd columns are hidden. I can see the top menu (Home, Insert, Draw etc) and the ribbon below that. Then a cell the width of the screen with fx at the left. Then a triangle at the top left. Then a completely blanks screen and then tabs at the bottom Other tabs in the workbook are fine. What have I done? How can I get my data visible again ??

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | iOS
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
EmilyS726 270.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-09-27T12:35:26.5966667+00:00

Try this

Tap the triangle in the upper-left corner of the worksheet. This selects the entire sheet.

Tap Home. Look for Cell Format / Format on the ribbon.

Choose Hide & Unhide > Unhide Rows.

Repeat and choose Unhide Columns.

=========

One additional possibility on iPad is Sheet View. Excel for mobile can put row/column hiding into a Sheet View rather than changing the default worksheet view. If the above doesn’t work, check View > Sheet View and switch back to the default view.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.