How to reinstall and use my 2013 publisher version

Selander Morris 0 Reputation points
2026-09-25T21:04:27.6333333+00:00

Publisher will no longer be supported as of October 2026 and I won't be able to access Publisher or open publisher files. But I purchased Publisher 2013 but upgraded to I think Mircosoft 365 or a later version of publisher.

So with publisher going away I want to reinstall my Publisher 2013, I still have my Product Key card but I'm having trouble reinstalling. Can I get help to reinstalling my 2013 version so I can keep using Publisher.  

Microsoft 365 and Office | Publisher | For business
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Chris-D 1,690 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-25T21:23:12.0633333+00:00

    Hi Selander,

    Thank you for sharing the details of your situation.

    Although you may be able to reinstall Publisher 2013 using your existing license, kindly note that Office 2013 reached the end of support on April 11, 2023. This means Publisher 2013 no longer receives security updates, bug fixes, or official technical support.

    • To check whether Publisher 2013 is still available for your account, you can sign in to the Microsoft account Services & subscriptions page using the Microsoft account that was originally used to redeem the product key. If Publisher 2013 is listed there, check whether an installation option is available.
    • If the product key has already been redeemed, you normally do not need to enter it again. Instead, you need to sign in with the Microsoft account associated with that key.
    • If you are receiving an error during installation, please share the complete error message or error code. Also, please let me know whether Publisher 2013 appears under Services & subscriptions.

    Installing Publisher 2013 alongside Microsoft 365 may cause compatibility issues, particularly if the products use different 32-bit or 64-bit versions. Therefore, I would not recommend uninstalling Microsoft 365 until the specific installation error has been identified.

    • As Publisher approaches retirement, I also recommend converting your important .pub files to PDF or another supported format while you can still open them. This will help ensure that you can continue accessing your documents in the future.

    I hope this information is helpful. Should you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to share them in the comment below. I'm very happy to help.  


    If the answer is helpful, please click 'Yes' and kindly upvote it.

    Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.