Microsoft for Startups credits inaccessible after business verification; Program Support option missing

Joel Krenke 0 Reputation points
2026-09-25T19:26:40.5066667+00:00

I previously activated the initial $1,000 Microsoft for Startups Azure credits on an existing subscription. I then submitted my business information to qualify for additional credits.

The Microsoft for Startups page in the Azure portal now says: “This account can't be used for Microsoft for Startups credits. Sign in with an eligible Microsoft account to access this offer.”

I cannot determine whether this is a business-verification decision or an account-to-entitlement issue. The “Your Microsoft Team / Get program support” option is missing from my portal. I also tried creating an Azure subscription-management support request, but the flow repeatedly returns me to an unrelated Visual Studio benefits article instead of allowing me to submit a ticket.

Could a Microsoft employee please advise how to request a private review of my verification status and the account linked to my existing Startup credits? I can provide my application details, subscription ID and verification documents privately through an authorized channel. I do not want to create a new subscription or move resources before this is clarified.

Azure | Azure Startups
Azure | Azure Startups

Startups: Companies that are in their initial stages of business and typically developing a business model and seeking financing.

0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Joel Krenke 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-01T15:32:24.4166667+00:00

    Update: I confirmed that my initial startup credit expired on September 8 with an unused balance. I still need a private review of the business verification for additional credits. The “Get program support” option is missing; both Azure portal support flows return to the search/self-help page instead of submitting a ticket. I also tried the official Azure Support CLI, but ticket creation is rejected with InvalidSupportPlan because my support plan is Free. The telephone line redirected me to the same portal. Could a Microsoft employee or moderator please arrange a private escalation to Microsoft for Startups Program Support or provide a working ticket entry point for this account? I can provide identifiers and documents privately.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Joel Krenke 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-01T15:32:06.8166667+00:00

    Update: I confirmed that my initial startup credit expired on September 8 with an unused balance. I still need a private review of the business verification for additional credits. The “Get program support” option is missing; both Azure portal support flows return to the search/self-help page instead of submitting a ticket. I also tried the official Azure Support CLI, but ticket creation is rejected with InvalidSupportPlan because my support plan is Free. The telephone line redirected me to the same portal. Could a Microsoft employee or moderator please arrange a private escalation to Microsoft for Startups Program Support or provide a working ticket entry point for this account? I can provide identifiers and documents privately.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Taz 10,126 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-26T17:35:24.2733333+00:00

    Hi Joel,

    The message “This account can't be used for Microsoft for Startups credits” means the Microsoft account currently signed in is not being recognized as eligible for the Startup credit offer. Microsoft’s current application guidance requires the account used for activation to be an eligible personal Microsoft account, and the credits are tied to the account and Startup entitlement.

    Since you already have an existing Startup credit sponsorship and are now seeing this message after business verification, this should be checked as an entitlement/account-linking issue, not by creating another subscription. Microsoft for Startups Program Support specifically handles entitlement corrections, sponsorship/credit issues, and updating the owner account associated with an Azure sponsorship.

    Because Your Microsoft Team → Get program support is missing from your portal, report this through Microsoft for Startups Program Support and provide the existing sponsorship/subscription ID and the exact error. Ask them to verify the Microsoft account linked to the Startup entitlement and the business-verification outcome.

    Do not move the resources or create a new subscription until that account-to-entitlement mapping is confirmed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.