The process of building custom applications and tools that interact with Microsoft SharePoint, including SharePoint Online in Microsoft 365.
Hi Nayeem,
Thank you for reaching out.
This issue has recently been reported by other users who are also unable to preview PowerPoint files through the SharePoint Microsoft Graph API. At this time, I do not have an estimated timeline for when the issue will be resolved.
In the meantime, please try the following:
- Check the file permissions
Confirm that the affected user or application has permission to access the PowerPoint file and the SharePoint document library. The account should have at least Read permission.
- Test the file in Graph Explorer
Use Microsoft Graph Explorer to run the driveItem: preview request again and verify whether it returns a valid preview URL. If possible, test with a newly created PowerPoint file containing only one slide.
- Review organizational policies
Please contact your organization’s IT administrator and ask them to verify whether any Conditional Access policies, firewall rules, VPN policies, proxy settings, or security products could be blocking access to the Microsoft 365 preview service.
If the problem continues after completing these checks, your IT administrator can create a support ticket with Microsoft Support for further investigation. When submitting the ticket, please include the failed request’s timestamp, request ID, HTTP response, affected file details, and the results of the Graph Explorer test.
In case you do not know who is your IT admin, kindly refer to this article: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support
For instructions on submitting a support request, please refer to: Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn.
I hope the information I shared earlier was somewhat helpful in addressing your issue. If you have any further questions or updates, please don’t hesitate to share. I’m always happy to assist further if needed.