Looking to have an automated read receipt generated from SharePoint based SOP.

Jason Scoby 0 Reputation points
2026-09-24T22:17:47.7033333+00:00

I have started to move our SOPs/ Internal controls to actual SharePoint pages. I want to be able to have a flow automatically process when the employee clicks a button. I have the list created to log the employees entries. I was able to get the flow to run if I have them manually select "run flow". So the employee clicks the "Acknowledge" button, the flow menu opens and the employee has to hit "Run Flow" to complete the process. "Run Flow" just doesn't fit the narrative. I added forms but that's just ugly, I just don't like it. I've heard that there is a power automate web part but the only thing I find is embedded in the button web part. I don't know, I am just going in circles at this point.

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | Other | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kai-L 19,920 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-24T22:59:02.36+00:00

    Dear Jason,

    From my research, the standard SharePoint Run flow action is a flow-launch experience, so it can still open a panel requiring the employee to select Run flow. It is not a dependable one-click acknowledgement button. The cleanest fit for what you are describing is a small canvas app embedded on each SOP page. Build one app containing:

    • An Acknowledge button
    • A confirmation message once clicked
    • Logic writing the employee, SOP identifier, version and timestamp to your existing list
    • A check so the same person cannot acknowledge the same SOP version twice

    Then embed it with the Power Apps web part:

    1. Create and publish the canvas app.
    2. Share the app with the employees or a security group.
    3. Edit the SOP page and select Add a web part > Power Apps.
    4. Enter the app ID or web link.
    5. Resize so only the acknowledgement area shows.
    6. Publish the page.

    To reuse one app across every SOP, append a parameter to the app web link in the web part settings, in the format &parametername=parametervalue, and read it in the app with Param(). You set a different value on each SOP page, so the app knows which SOP it is sitting on. One thing to be aware of: the app cannot read the SharePoint page's own URL query string, because it runs in its own context, so keep the value in the web part configuration rather than trying to pass it through the page URL.

    Do not skip the sharing step. Embedding the app does not grant anyone permission to it, so users need access to both the app and the underlying list, otherwise the web part will simply fail to load for them.

    For reference: Use the Power Apps web part

    I hope this helps. Looking forward to your reply.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".  

    Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.