Clicking on the photo doesn't open the person card

Widar Swensen 0 Reputation points
2026-09-24T12:53:58.5633333+00:00

When I activate search.aspx/people I get a list of peoples.

When I click the photo or the name, which are clickable, nothing happens.

Until now a person card has popped up.

Have we got some uppdates from Microsoft that has caused this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | For business | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Alina Le 5,495 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-24T13:26:37.06+00:00

    Hello Widar Swensen

    Based on the current situation, I would suggest focusing on a few key checks to help determine where the issue is coming from before investigating further.

    1/ Check the impact scope

    • Does the issue affect one user or multiple users?
    • Does it occur across all SharePoint sites or only a specific site?
    • Does it happen in different browsers and on different devices?

    2/ Validate whether it is a browser/client-side issue

    • Test in an InPrivate/Incognito window.
    • Test in another browser (Edge/Chrome).

    3/ Verify whether Person Cards work elsewhere in Microsoft 365

    • Test from Teams, Outlook, or a SharePoint list/library.
    • If Person Cards work in other locations, the issue may be isolated to the People Search experience rather than profile services in general.

    4/ Check Impact Scope

    Verify whether other users in your organization are experiencing the same issue.

    Finally, I would recommend collecting screenshots and any browser Console errors to help narrow down this issue.

    Kind regards,

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.