I cannot access MS 365 on my lap top and need the newest vesting to edit my word documents

Richard Rottman Rottman 0 Reputation points
2026-09-24T05:28:11.8433333+00:00

I have MS 365 subscription. I usually use MS Word on my Mac Desktop. I need to install MS 365 on my laptop because I and traveling and I can't. I keep getting this message:

The file “Microsoft_365_and_Office_16.113.26092012_BusinessPro_Installer.pkg-2.download” doesn’t appear to be a valid download file.

I need to make a presentation and have to be able to access and edit my word documents. but I cannot because when I try to put the newest version of MS 365 on my laptop I get the message above. Please HELP. I don't have much time

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | MacOS
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 937K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-24T06:02:43.7866667+00:00

    The installer you list is an Apple Mac installer for the Office Business Pro version of Office, are you trying to install Microsoft 365 on a Windows laptop or an Apple laptop?

    When you activated Microsoft 365 (Office) that licence should have become associated to your Microsoft Account as a digital licence online and it is from there that you can download and install Office without the need for a product key:

    https://account.microsoft.com/services/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.