I opened a case with MSFT in 2024 and the approved change has never been implemented

Ed Vincent 0 Reputation points
2026-09-23T17:09:03.1233333+00:00

I opened a case with MSFT in 2024 and the approved change has never been implemented

I cant find the case number but I believe it was either opened under my ******@bloomberg.net email or ******@bloomberg.com.
Can only receive emails via the .net address.
I requested that when connecting a windows OS to multiple screens rather than the display properties defaulting to Duplicate displays is should default to extend these displays.
This was approved and I was told 8-12 months before implementation however it has never been implemented.
Wanted to see if you can find that older case or perhaps help me open a new one to go through this process again as it really should be incorporated into the Windows OS to Auto extend when multiple displays are detected.

Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | Performance | Windows desktop and shell experience
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Daphne Huynh (WICLOUD CORPORATION) 1,570 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-24T01:47:54.8733333+00:00

    Welcome to Microsoft Q&A!

    Thank you for reaching out and for providing the background regarding your previous request.

    Regarding the original case, unfortunately, I am unable to locate or retrieve historical Microsoft support cases based solely on an email address. Support cases are typically tracked using a unique case number or support request ID, and this information is generally required to accurately identify a specific case. Since the case number is unavailable and the request may have been submitted under either ******@bloomberg.net or ******@bloomberg.com, I do not have sufficient information to reliably locate the original case within historical records.

    Additionally, Microsoft Q&A is a public community forum and does not have access to customer support systems or internal case management records. Even when a feature request is initially submitted through a support case, it may later be transferred to the appropriate product engineering team for evaluation. Once that occurs, the request is typically tracked through internal engineering and product planning processes that are not visible through Microsoft Q&A or standard support channels. As a result, I am unable to verify the status of the original request, determine whether it remains under consideration, or confirm whether it was deferred, merged with another initiative, or ultimately not prioritized for implementation.

    Given the time that has elapsed and the absence of the original case number or supporting correspondence, the most effective path forward would be to open a new support case and resubmit the request.

    When creating the new case, I recommend including:

    • A detailed description of the requested behavior change.
    • A note that a similar request was previously submitted in 2024 and was reportedly approved for consideration.
    • The business impact and user experience benefits of defaulting to "Extend these displays" instead of "Duplicate these displays" when multiple monitors are detected.
    • Any historical emails, screenshots, or supporting documentation that may help provide additional context, even if the original case number cannot be located.

    Submitting a new case will ensure that your feedback is properly documented, reviewed against current product requirements, and routed to the appropriate team for evaluation. While there is no guarantee that a feature request will ultimately be implemented, opening a new case provides the best opportunity for the request to be reassessed and tracked through the current feedback and review process.

    I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your continued feedback on improving the Windows multi-monitor experience.

    If you find this information helpful, please click Accept Answer.

    Thank you for choosing Microsoft Q&A.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.